We are seeking a full-time Editorial Assistant to work with our editorial production and peer review staff. This is an entry level position and duties will include but are not limited to manuscript assessment, typing labels, updating spreadsheets, creating pdf packets as well as assisting our editorial staff. Excellent verbal and communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail a must. We are looking for people with an interest in copyediting. The hours will total 40 per week (office hours 9am to 5pm daily).
- Assessment of submitted manuscripts, adhering to journal style guidelines, sending queries to authors, and completing checklist tasks.
- Assist in-house staff in the management of the peer review workflow for academic journals and books.
- Help with various production tasks including manuscript tagging and copyediting, author query resolution, proof checking, and collecting copyright and permission forms.
- Answer routine and non-routine editorial questions. Troubleshoot problems and escalate to manager as appropriate.
- Work closely and proactively with project teams. Ensure that all are fully informed and in agreement with project plan.
- College degree
- Excellent verbal and communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, and deal effectively with change
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technica offers a friendly, professional atmosphere with opportunities for advancement.